I started by making a form out of super sculpey in the shape I wanted, making sure it fit on my head in the position I wanted.
Unfortunately I have no photos of this part, but it's not difficult to imagine.
Than I started laying on the liquid latex.
It took about eight coats of the stuff to get the horn to the thickness I wanted, even then, after I peeled it off it looked like it could have used another few coats. But it's sturdy, and it looks pretty good!
I used baby powder because I have it on hand, but you can use special craft powder or even a makeup powder.
|here you can se the difference between powdered and unpowdered portions.|
After it was all powdered and peeled, I started laying in some colour! I'm using acrylic paint, and it seems to be holding up pretty well! I also used a bit of torn tissue and liquid latex around the base of the horn to give the appearance if it breaking through the skin.
I then painted the raised 'skin' elements with varying shades of pink and red.
I'm not too beat up though, blue looks just as amazing!
Then it was just a matter of adjusting the 'spikes' where the colours met, and adding a darker blue shadow underneath the 'skin' for depth!
thanks for reading!